The Transport Division of the company was established primarily to serve the in-house needs of the group companies. However, over the years it has built excellent infrastructure and made investment in acquiring new fleet to service other customers.
The Company has over 300 vehicles ranging from
- Semi trailers
- 10 tone lorries
- Full Covered Trailers
- Low Loaders
- Heavy Duty Recovery and Tow Truck
- Expandable Trailers
Storage and Warehousing
The company has also got excellent storage and warehousing arrangements at different locations shown below:
- Warehouse 1200 MT – Dar Es Salaam (Nyerere Road)
- Open Yard 10,000 SQ METERS – Dar Es Salaam (Nyerere Road)
- Inland Container Depot – Bonded Warehouse to store 12,000 MT and Containers Yard 1500 TEU s capacity ( Changombe, Dar Es Salaam)
- Dry cargo, Refrigerated cargo, Project cargo and Various other types of cargo transportation
- Trustworthy fleet operating throughout the East and Central Africa Region
- Logistics back up service
- Satellite Fleet Management System on board trucks for tracking consignments
- Workshop fully equipped with service bays, rebuild rooms, trailer fabrications, electrical and paint shops.
- Bulk Grain haulage – Road Transport from Port of Dar Es Salaam or any other point
- 24hours emergency & breakdown service which serves trucks in the field on real time basis.
Health Safety and Environment – HSE
The Company believes that a committed HSE policy is the right way forward in maintaining a safe and disciplined atmosphere at work place and other areas where the Company activities are involved directly or indirectly. The Company has a functioning dedicated HSE Department and a working document that oversees all issues related to HSE matters. People safety is of prime importance in all Company undertakings. We also strive to make sure that all measures are put in place for the least damage to the property and the environment.
The Company has a well supported IT system to run its day to day operations.
- PC Workstation
- Internet Access
- Satellite base Fleet Management Solutions – Tracking System
- Fleet Cost and Maintenance Management System – Road Base
- Daily Reporting – Fleet Management System
- Real time location of trucks at finger tips
- Speed monitoring feedback on screen at all times
- Telephone and SMS availability at all times
- Customers are provided web access to this system for the purpose of tracking the progress of their consignment from point of loading to destination.