Chairman‘s New year Message
I am delighted to launch the second edition of Bakhresa Group Corporate Profile
The group has made significant progress since the issue of the first edition of our corporate profile in 2012. Is is imperative that we update and highlight the changes to the group profile.
We have expanded our operations both vertically and geographically.
- We now have presence in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi and South Africa.
- We target to increase our wheat milling capacity from 5,600 MT to 7,000 MT per day.
- We have commissioned a world class automated dairy plant in Zanzibar.
- We substantially increased our Carbonated Soft Drinks Division (CSD).
- Launched our Pay TV services using a DTH platform. The satellite footprint covers most of the African Continent.
- New additions have been made to our existing ferries, increasing our capacity of passengers and cargos on various routes.
- We continue to fulfill on our corporate social responsibilities and work towards the growth of the economy and per capita income.
The stepping stone for success is quality, reliability and affordability. We strive to achieve this through our vision, mission and values
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our stakeholders without whose support we could not have come this far.
(Said Salim Bakhresa)
1st January 2015