Bakhresa Group is one of the leading Industrial Houses in Tanzania, East Africa. Started in a humble manner with a small restaurant in the Port City of Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, in mid seventies, it has now emerged as one of the prominent family owned business group in the region.
The Group has its operations spread in Tanzania Mainland & Zanzibar, Kenya, Uganda, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Rwanda, Burundi and in South Africa. Plans are in place to spread its wings to other countries.
The Group now boasts of a turnover of more than Eight Hundred Million United Sates Dollars and is a proud employer of more than eight thousand people.
There are range of companies under its umbrella and with investments primarily in the Food and Beverage Sector, Packaging, Logistics, Marine Passenger Services, Petroleum and Entertainment.
The products and services provided by the group are:
- Azam Dairy Products Ltd
- Azam FM Radio Ltd
- Azam Football Club
- Azam Insurance Agency Ltd
- Azam Marine Co. Ltd
- Azam Media Ltd
- AzamPay Tanzania Ltd
- Azam Polysack Ltd
- Al Zenzibar Food Products Ltd
- Bagamoyo Sugar Ltd
- Bakhresa Food Products Ltd
- Bakhresa Grain Milling (Rwanda)
- Bakhresa Grain Milling (Burundi)
- Bakhresa Grain Milling (Malawi)
- Bakhresa Grain Milling (Uganda)
- Bakhresa Grain Milling (Mozambique)
- Bakhresa SA (Pty) Ltd
- Coastal Fast Ferries
- Kilimanjaro Fast Ferries Ltd
- Hotel Verde Zanzibar -Azam Luxy Resort & spa Ltd
- Omar Packaging Industries Ltd
- PaperKraft International Ltd
- Reliable Properties Ltd (Real Estate)
- Said Salim Bakhresa & Co. Ltd
- Tradegents Ltd (Garments)
- Tacona Holdings Ltd (Inland Container Depot)
- Uhai Production Limited
- United Group Limited (Petroleum)
- Union Property Developers Ltd
- Zanzibar Milling Cooperation Ltd
With a view to meet the ever growing customer needs for the basic products and services, Bakhresa group shall be launching new products and services and shall be spreading to new locations.